If you are not sure of the exact differences between a private and public IP address we hope you will gain some knowledge and insight from this article. The major difference is that private addresses are used on a global scale to connect to devices within a local network. By using private IP address you can prevent ipv4 addresses getting wasted.
Sometimes you may misspell the IP address 192.168.100.1 which will act as a default gateway address that will allow you to configure your network settings. In this article we will explore the various ways in which you can access the settings or configuration page for routers that use 192.168.100.1 as their IP address.
Be Sure of the IP Address
Ensure that you have got the correct IP address of your router. If your IP address is not 192.168.100.1 then you will not be allowed to access the configuration page. Here’s a few ways that you can use to check if you have got the correct IP.
- If you are working on a windows operating system all you need to do is to type “ipconfig” in the terminal and then you can view the router’s IP address connected to your device.
- You can check the IP address under the system preferences tab located within the utility tool section for Mac computers.
- By suing the default IP address and the default username and password you can do a web search online.
- If you are connected via a mobile device all you need to do is to go to advanced properties and there your IP address will be displayed.
Steps to Login 192.168.100.1 to the Router Login Page
You can login to the router settings page once you have got your IP address verified. In order to gain access to the settings page you will need to enter the router username and password. Thus you need to be aware of the default credentials for your specific brand of router.
- Open a browser that is updated to the latest version. It is best to use Google chrome browser.
- Copy and paste the URL containing the IP address or else key in the IP address in the search bar.
- If you’ve got the correct IP address the settings page will automatically load instantly.
- By entering the default username and password you will be permitted to modify and alter the router settings.
- If you cannot recall the credentials including username and password you can try troubleshooting it as outlined below.
Troubleshooting the Router 192.168.100.1
By troubleshooting or restarting the router you can go back to the factory settings of the router. But before doing any changes ensure to write down all the custom settings made to your router device including new passwords etc..
- Press the reset button on the top of the router for about 10-20 seconds.
- This will result in the router restarting with its default factory settings.
- Not all routers have a restart button. Some have a small hole that lets you jab on it with a pin or some sharp object for about 20 seconds. Initially the router lights will start blinking and at the end they will turn off.
- Once the router is turned on it will be reinstated to factory settings.
- Now you can login to the router using the default credentials and then modify any details as required including the password and username.
Why Use 192.168.100.1 IP Address?
In order to identify and figure out the hosts connected to the internet, IP addresses are being used. A public IP address exists for each host linked to the internet. Since the ipv4 addresses were limited in supply ipv6 addresses came into being.
However, there are many devices out there that are recognized by ipv4 addresses. Unlike a private address, public IP addresses vary with every device and login session. Facts state that famous router brands like Arris, Lenovo and Ubee use 192.168.100.1 as their default gateway IP address.
Also, be careful of typos and spelling mistakes of your IP address. A common mistake most people do is to confuse the number 1 with the letter I which will lead to an error message.