You can easily set up your Netgear routers without any hassle and enjoy access to super-fast internet. You can use the Nighthawk app to set up the Netgear Router. You can also use the web interface option for the router set up. Both these methods work well, and you can pick the one that works best for you.
How to Set up the Netgear router via the Nighthawk app?
- Go to play store or app store and download the Nighthawk app.
- Using an Ethernet cable connect the modem to the router.
- Switch on the power button of the router
- Using your mobile, establish a connection to the router’s default wi-fi network. The SSID and network key can be located at the bottom or back of the router.
- On completion of connecting to the wi-fi network, go to the new systems setup on the Netgear nighthawk application.
- Once the app detects your router successfully, you can work on customizing the wi-fi network.
- If you have lost your login information, please answer the security questions to proceed.
- Give It a few minutes for the router to update the new settings.
- The application will run some checks to see if you are using the latest firmware. Update the router if required.
How to Set up a Netgear router via the Web Interface?
- Use an ethernet cable to connect the modem with a Netgear router.
- Establish a connection to the router and computer via the ethernet cable.
- Switch on the router.
- Go to any web browser of your choice and type the IP address in the search bar.
- Login using the username and password on the login screen.
- Next go to the Advanced menu in the homepage and access the setup wizard.
- Press Yes on the radio button and go to Next.
- Once the router is able to successfully detect the internet connection you will be asked to create a new admin password.
- Answer the security questions and setup a new password as requested.
- Once you click on next you can successfully set up your router with the modem.
- If any updates are available for the firmware select yes. If no updates are needed you are good to use your router.